Job Opportunity: Violinist, Hero & Leander
We’re looking for a Violinist to perform in touring outdoor gig theatre show Hero & Leander
ABOUT HERO & LEANDER
After a successful 2021 UK tour, Jack Dean & Company are back on the road for Summer and Autumn 2022 with Hero & Leander, the epic story of Ancient Greece’s doomed lovers. Developed using Jack Dean & Company’s signature style, Hero & Leander features six multi-instrumentalist performing a variety of folk, indie, sea shanties and choral music in this new cross between concept album and gig-theatre. Touring with its own bandstand Hero & Leander creates a unique atmosphere wherever it goes from music venues to festivals and village greens to theatre gardens.
- Highly proficient (Grade 8-level or equivalent) in violin
- Strong track record of live performance, and of working in a band or ensemble to create music collaboratively.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with actors and directors in a theatrical context, including helping with set-up and take-down of show set & equipment.
- Able to transport their own instrument to and from the rehearsal and performance venues.
- Strong sight-reading ability, as well as ability to learn parts quickly by ear.
- Strong singing voice.
- Moderately proficient in drums & percussion
- Proficiency in instruments other than those listed.
- Driving license and access to car.
4th -7th July: Rehearsals at the Barn, Exeter
8th & 9th July: Performances at Wells Theatre Festival, Wells
30th July: Performance at Charles Causley Trust, Launceston
3rd & 4th August: Performances at Exeter Phoenix, Exeter
5 August: Performance at Garden Theatre Festival, Bath
13 August: Performance at Junction, Goole
27th & 28th August: Performances in outdoor locations TBC, Torbay
11th September: Performances at South Bank Centre, London
21st October: Performance at Rotherham Civic Theatre, Rotherham
10th November: Performance @ Beadales, Petersfield
£122 per rehearsal day, £152 per performance day (Total of £2312) plus travel and accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send an CV, and links to any relevant recordings of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Auditions will be held in Exeter on 8th June.
Deadline for applications: 31st May at 5pm.