Job Opportunity: Technical Stage Manager, Vinland
We are looking for an experienced and creative Devon-based technical stage manager to join us for a new tour of live storytelling Vinland.
About The Company
Jack Dean & Company is a new non-profit organisation based in Exeter, set up to deliver the artistic projects of Jack Dean and his collaborators. We work with exceptional and inspiring artists to tell stories of how things could be. Find out more about the company and its projects here.
Vinland is a storytelling adventure for ages 8 and up. It retells the incredible true(ish) tale of the Vikings last journey to North America, taking inspiration from the Viking sagas of Erik the Red and his family. Using lyrical storytelling, animation and live music, the show brings the audience into a world where myth and history collide. It was initially produced in February 2020.
The tour takes in both schools and regular studio venues. The TSM will be responsible for
– Re-rehearsing the show, adapting and rebuilding the Qlab file and projection mapping as and when needed.
– Liaising with venues over technical requirements and FOH procedures.
– Managing getins and getouts, implementing the show’s AV design to the highest possible accuracy.
– Operating lighting and AV during the performance.
- Proven ability to program and operate Qlab 4.
- Experience of working on small-scale touring theatre shows.
- Experience of rigging lighting and focusing lights, programming lighting desks, and mapping projections to multiple surfaces.
- Ability to interpret and adapt technical specifications and communicate these to venues.
- Empathy, flexibility and strong communication skills to support the touring company through performances.
- Ability to commute to Exeter for rehearsals and performances.
- Experience of using Mainstage 3 or similar DAW software.
- Experience of mixing live sound.
- Experience of using ETCNomad software.
- Driving licence and access to vehicle.
31 May – 5 June: first week of rehearsals (6 days)
7-9 June: second week of rehearsals (3 days)
10 June: 2 X school performances in Devon
11 June: school performance in Devon
13 June: 2 X performances at Exeter Phoenix
17 June: 2 X school performances in Devon
Fee: £1637(£117 per rehearsal day, £146 per performance day) plus travel.
Send a CV to Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 4th April
Interviews will take place over the week of 12th April online.