Job Opportunity: Director, Vinland
Director for Vinland
We are seeking an experienced, confident and empathetic director to work with Jack Dean on Vinland, a dark, wintry Viking adventure for ages 9 and up.
Vinland retells the incredible historical tale of the Vikings’ last journey to America, inspired by the Viking sagas of Erik the Red and his family. The show will feature animation and live drawing by Christopher Harrisson, as well as live music looped on stage. It is supported by artsdepot, Arts Council England and Bristol Ferment. For more info on the show and Jack Dean’s work, visit here.
We are looking for someone who will take on a supportive and facilitative role throughout the creative process, enabling conversations between the writer, animator, designer and technician that make up the rest of the touring team and keeping cohesiveness and morale high. In the rehearsal room they will act as an “outside eye” making sure all the different elements of the show fit together, and ensuring the show gets to a finished state by opening night.
– Experience of working in a facilitative role as a director, and ability to motivate and bring the best ideas out of people.
– A calm, empathic and enthusiastic approach.
– Experience of delivering professional small-scale touring theatre shows.
– Experience of working with projection and/or AV designs in live performance.
– Ability to commute to Exeter.
– Experience of making work for young people, especially the 9-12 age range.
17 December: first production meeting.
3 January: second production meeting.
14 January: third production meeting.
27 January – 14 February (Monday – Friday): rehearsals in Exeter.
£1500 (based on 15 days work at £100 per day) plus travel and accommodation.
How To Apply
Send a CV and a short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for Applications: 5pm on Sunday 24thNovember.
Interviews & auditions: 4 December in Exeter.