We are looking for an experienced guitarist to join the touring team for a new music show by the company.
About the Company
Jack Dean & Company are a disabled-led, artist-owned non-profit & band set up to help tell stories of how things could be. They collaborate with inspiring and exceptional artists to create work across a range of art forms, with a focus on touring live shows.
Their 2022 concept album and show Hero & Leander, or, I Love You, But Everything’s Under Water, has toured the UK extensively, including performances at the South Bank Centre and Beautiful Days festival.
About The Show
Tiny Violins is a music show featuring songs from the band’s new album of the same name, set to be released in spring 2024. The album is a magpie’s nest of English folk, hip-hop, indie and midwest emo, with lyrics exploring anarchist theory, greek mythology and living with a super wonky brain. The band will also be playing a few songs from their previous shows, and creating some songs from scratch live on stage using loop pedals and audience contributions
– Grade 8 or equivalent level of proficiency in Electric Guitar.
– Ability to sight-read sheet music, or learn very quickly by ear.
– Ability to commute to Exeter for rehearsals and tour journeys.
– A calm, empathic and friendly approach to making art with others.
– Affinity with our company values.
– Willingness to assist on setup & takedown of equipment before and after shows.
– Clean driving license.
– Experience of using live-looping equipment.
– Strong singing voice.
– Proficiency in other instruments, especially trumpet, cello, violin or percussion.
1-3 April 2024: Rehearsals at the Barn in mid-Devon.
4 April 2024: Performance at Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton
20 April 2024: Performance at Scarth Memorial Hall, Staindrop
16 May 2024: Performance at Exeter Phoenix, Exeter
We anticipate this show will tour more extensively in late 2024 and beyond.
£950 (£150 per rehearsal day, £200 per performance day), plus travel and accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV, and up to three links to recordings of relevant work, to Jack at email@example.com , by Sunday 3rd March at 5pm.
Auditions will take place in mid-Devon during the week of 11th March 2024.