We’re looking for a Cellist to perform in gig-theatre epic Jeremiah, which is touring England in May & June 2019.
Jeremiah is a loud, rambunctious new show with live music by rap storyteller Jack Dean, telling the incredible true story of the much-misunderstood Luddite rebellion: A cellist, violinist and guitarist work with loop pedals to create a lush, epic original score that mixes hip-hop, shoegaze and cinematic composition styles, while Jack Dean delivers an epic true tale with dozens of characters, all contained within rap verse metre.
- Highly proficient (Grade 7-level or higher) in Cello.
- Strong track record of live performance, and of working in a band or ensemble to create music collaboratively.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with actors and directors in a theatrical context.
- Ability to transport their instrument to and from the rehearsal and performance venues.
- Strong sight-reading ability, as well as ability to learn parts quickly by ear.
- Experience of working with live looping.
- Strong singing voice.
- Driving license and access to car.
w/c 6 May: 2 days prep (at home) learning and practising the show’s cello parts.
13- 17 May: 5 days rehearsal @ the Barn, Exeter.
21 May: Performance at Canada Water Theatre, London.
25 May: Performance at Theatre Deli, Sheffield.
30 May: Performance at Square Chapel, Halifax.
2 June: Performance at Pulse Festival, Ipswich.
4 June: Performance at Harrogate Theatre.
6 – 8 June: 3 Performances in North Devon with Beaford.
13 June: Performance at Proteus Creation Space, Basingstoke.
£100 per rehearsal and prep day, £125 per performance day (Total of £1825) plus travel and accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, consisting of the following:
- C.V. detailing relevant experience.
- Links to recordings of performances.
Auditions will be held at The Barn in Exeter, on 20 April. You must be able to attend the audition in order for your application to be considered.
Deadline for applications: 12 April at 5pm.