Job Opportunity: Actor-Musician, Vinland
We are looking for an experienced and creative Devon-based actor-musician to join us for a new tour of live storytelling Vinland.
About The Company
Jack Dean & Company is a new non-profit organisation based in Exeter, set up to deliver the artistic projects of Jack Dean and his collaborators. We work with exceptional and inspiring artists to tell stories of how things could be. Find out more about the company and its projects here.
Vinland is a storytelling adventure for ages 8 and up. It retells the incredible true(ish) tale of the Vikings last journey to North America, taking inspiration from the Viking sagas of Erik the Red and his family. Using lyrical storytelling, animation and live music, the show brings the audience into a world where myth and history collide. It was initially produced in February 2020.
The actor-musician will work with our Lead Artist, Director and Technical Stage Manager to develop, rehearse and perform a new version of the show, learning and adapting its existing original score and movement. They will also support get-in and get-out of performances as part of the touring company.
– A calm, empathic and personable approach to making art with others.
– Experience of performing in, and composing music for, live theatre / storytelling shows.
– Experience of co-devising and collaborating closely with other creatives in a rehearsal room.
– Experience of using DAWs such as Logic, Mainstage or Ableton Live.
– Advanced skill level with electric guitar and singing.
– Intermediate skill level with keys and percussion.
– Ability to commute to Exeter for rehearsals and Devon-based performances.
– Experience of using live looping on stage.
– Skill with other instruments than those listed above.
– Experience of clowning, physical theatre or stage comedy.
– Access to car and clean driving license.
31 May – 5 June: first week of rehearsals (6 days)
7-9 June: second week of rehearsals (3 days)
10 June: 2 X school performances in Devon
11 June: school performance in Devon
13 June: 2 X performances at Exeter Phoenix
17 June: 2 X school performances in Devon
Fee: £1637(£117 per rehearsal day, £146 per performance day) plus travel.
Send a CV and up to three links to relevant examples of previous work to Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 4th April.
Auditions will take place on Wednesday 14th April in Exeter