Job Opportunity: Actor-Musician, Vinland
We are looking for an experienced and creative actor-musician to join us for a new tour of live storytelling Vinland.
About The Company
Jack Dean & Company is a new non-profit organisation based in Exeter, set up to deliver the artistic projects of Jack Dean and his collaborators. We work with exceptional and inspiring artists to tell stories of how things could be. Find out more about the company and its projects here.
Vinland is a storytelling adventure for ages 8 and up. It retells the incredible true(ish) tale of the Vikings last journey to North America, taking inspiration from the Viking sagas of Erik the Red and his family. Using lyrical storytelling, animation and live music, the show brings the audience into a world where myth and history collide. It was initially produced in February 2020.
The actor-musician will work with our Lead Artist, Director and Technical Stage Manager to develop, rehearse and perform a new version of the show, learning and adapting its existing original score and movement. They will also support get-in and get-out of performances as part of the touring company.
– A calm, empathic and personable approach to making art with others.
– Experience of performing in, and composing music for, live theatre or storytelling shows.
– Experience of co-devising and collaborating closely with other creatives in a rehearsal room.
– Experience of using DAWs such as Logic, Mainstage or Ableton Live.
– Advanced skill level with electric guitar and singing.
– Experience of using live looping on stage.
– Ability to commute to Exeter for rehearsals.
– Skill with other instruments than those listed above, especially percussion.
– Experience of clowning, physical theatre or stage comedy.
– Access to car and clean driving license.
January 30 – February 10, 2023 (Monday-Friday): Rehearsals @ The Barn, Exeter
February 11, 2023: Performance @ the Core Theatre, Solihull
February 17, 2023: Performance @ the Woodville, Gravesend
February 25, 2023: Performance @ The Old Library, Bodmin
March 11, 2023: Performance @ the Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol
March 25, 2023: Performance @ Saltburn Arts Theatre
April 4, 2023: Performance @ Proteus Creation Space, Basingstoke
April 5, 2023: Performance @ Courtyard Theatre, Hereford
April 6, 2023: Performance @ the Brewhouse, Taunton
April 11, 2023: Performance @ the David Hall, South Petherton
April 13-16, 2023: Performances @ Community Venues in North of England TBC w/Highlights North
April 17, 2023: Performance @ Grimsby Auditorium
April 21 2023: Performance @ Arena Theatre Wolverhampton
May 6 2023: Performance @ the Hawth, Crawley
Fee: £4100 (£122 per rehearsal day, £180 per performance day), plus travel and accommodation.
Send a CV and up to three links to relevant examples of previous work to Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 5pm Thursday 24th November.
Auditions will take place in Devon on Friday 9th December.