Critically acclaimed spoken word artist and theatre maker Jack Dean is looking for an experienced technical stage manager to support his new production ‘Jeremiah’, which is touring in Autumn 2019.
Jeremiah is a loud, rambunctious new show with live music by rap storyteller Jack Dean, telling the incredible true story of the much-misunderstood Luddite rebellion: A cellist, violinist and guitarist work with loop pedals to create a lush, epic original score that mixes hip-hop and cinematic composition styles, while Jack Dean delivers an epic true tale with dozens of characters, all contained within rap verse metre.
The tour takes in. a range of venues, from studio theatres to pubs and village halls. The TSM will be responsible for
– Liaising with venues over technical requirements and FOH procedures.
– Managing getins and getouts, implementing the show’s lighting and AV designs to the highest possible accuracy.
– Operating lighting and sound during the performance.
- Proven ability to program and operate Qlab 3/4
- Experience of rigging lighting and sound equipment, focusing lights, programming lighting desks and mixing live sound.
- Experience of using projection and AV design in a live performance context.
- Experience of working on touring studio-scale theatre shows.
- Ability to interpret and adapt ground plans and technical specifications and communicate these to venues.
- Empathy, flexibility and strong communication skills to support the touring company through performances.
- Proficiency with Mainstage 3 or other DAWs.
- Experience of using ETCnomad software or similar.
- Experience of working with captioning.
- Driving licence and access to vehicle.
- Able to commute to Exeter.
Mon 26 – Wed 28 August: Rehearsals at the Barn, Exeter (travelling home on last day)
Tue 3 September: Performance at the Navigation Tavern, Mirfield
Wed 4 September: Performance at the Leggers Inn, Dewsbury
Thu 5 September: Performance at Mill Valley Brewery, Cleckheaton
Fri 6 September: Performance at Arts Centre Washington
Wed 11 & Thu 12 September: Performances at Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol
Thu 17 October: Performance at Launceston Town Hall
Fri 18 October: Performance at Old Bakery Studios, Truro
Sat 26 October: Performance at York Theatre Royal Studio
Sat 30 November: Performance at the Pound Arts Centre, Corsham
Due to the length of the get in, the TSM will be required to travel to the performance locations the day before each show or run of shows, and home the day after, unless living within commutable distance (for rehearsals they will travel to the location on the 25th August, and back on the evening of the 28th). A half-day’s fee has been added to the total for each time this happens.
£113 per full day, £57 per half day (total of £2096), plus travel and accommodation
Send a CV and brief covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Thursday 8 August via Skype.
Deadline for Applications: Friday 2 August at 5pm.