£6000 to cover fees and travel expenses for Producer and any subcontractors they use on a freelance basis, based on 50 days between March & November at £120 per day.
Jeremiah is a loud, rambunctious new show with live music by rap storyteller Jack Dean. Created with a full band and original score, it will tell the incredible true story of the much-misunderstood Luddite rebellion. Having completed an initial R&D commissioned by Unlimited, it will go into production in Exeter in September 2018, followed by a series of launch performances across the UK in October & November 2018. Alongside this, Jack Dean will undergo an audience development programme supported by confirmed funding from Arts Council England. We are seeking an individual or company to deliver both of these projects to a high standard, working alone or with specialist subcontractors of their choosing, with the hope that the role will develop into a long term producer-artist partnership.
– Managing the nationwide callout, auditions, recruitment and contracting of the show’s band and creative team.
– Inviting programmers to performances and booking the show’s 2019 tour
– Writing and submitting interim reports and evaluations to funders
– Managing and executing a comprehensive press and marketing campaign for the performances
– Production and tour management for rehearsals and performances – arranging travel and transport, booking accommodation, writing production schedules, purchasing & hiring tech equipment, etc.
– Working with tour venues to gather audience data, using Audience Finder or similar software, over the course of Jack Dean’s April-July tour of Nuketown.
– Analysing the data to identify existing and potential new audiences for all of Jack Dean’s repertoire, and drafting a strategy to develop them in the short, middle and long term.
– Using this strategy as the basis of Jeremiah’s press and marketing campaign.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to set and meet deadlines consistently and delegate effectively.
- Extensive experience of UK tour booking for small-scale theatre work
- Track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns for small-scale touring theatre work.
- Experience of delivering audience development projects for performing artists or arts organisations.
- Experience of production and company management on small-to-mid-scale productions.
- Ability to attend regular face-to-face meetings in Exeter (likely to be monthly for April – June, fortnightly for July-August and October-November and weekly for September).
- Experience of raising funds from Arts Council England, trusts and foundations and crowdfunding.
- Experience of promoting digital content, especially podcasts and Youtube videos.
- Knowledge of mid-scale and/or rural touring.
- Strong relationships with audiences and/or venues in the South West.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cv or company bio and a brief cover letter outlining how you meet the person specification, alongside a description of any subcontractors you will use, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 4th March, 5pm
Interviews: Week commencing 12th March in Exeter.
Contract term: 26th March – 30th November